Background

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Alice the Ass

Well not really. When I mean "Ass" I mean donkey.

As is relatively common in the crafty world, I'm addicted to Etsy. Alot of my stuff at home is sourced from Etsy - paintings, cups etc etc. So I was happy to find this: How to make a donkey.

It's so cute!!! So I decided to make one. I didn't get it right the first go (didn't follow the instructions - its the renegade within me) and had to do a few unpicking and alterations. The first time I wondered why the donkey only had two legs when the picture showed four. Duh - you're supposed to stitch around and cut out the space between the legs - duh...






Anyway, I worked out how to do the hair (again without reading the instructions) and found that cord makes the easiest hair. Knot and cut and sew into the donkey.

I'm still to sew on the (Betty Boop) eye lashes and smile, but I think it looks pretty cute as it is. Non?

No comments:

Post a Comment